Morocco is recognized worldwide as a welcoming destination. It offers natural and historical resources and monuments, and highly qualified touristic areas suitable for business and networking.
- Located at only 14 km from Europe, Morocco is only 2h30 flight from the main European capitals.
- Features: 3,500km of coasts, mild climate, various landscapes (sea, mountains, valleys and desert), exceptional cultural heritage in imperial cities, medieval medinas, renowned gastronomy, wonderful art craft, and a welcoming population. All these guarantee a subtle and refined touristic experience.
The new sectorial strategy, Vision 2020, aspire to upgrade the tourism as a real locomotive of Morocco’s economic, social and cultural development.
A choice that makes Morocco a favorite destination for tourism, culture entertainment, sport and business.
- Put Morocco among the top 20 touristic destinations worldwide.
- Double the accommodation capacity.
- Double the number of foreign tourists.
- Triple the number of domestic tourists.
- 8 new destinations.
- 200,000 news beds in hotels and similar.
- 1 million tourists from targeted emerging markets.
- Creation of 470,000 direct jobs.
- 140 Billion dirhams of touristic income by 2020.
- 150 billion dirhams of touristic GDP.
Vision 2020 key numbers
- 20 million tourists.
- 200,000 new beds.
- 270,000 new direct jobs.
- 140,000 Billion dirhams of touristic income.
- 33 million tourists in 2016, an increase of 1.5% compared with 2015.
- Accommodation capacity of 242,624 by 2016, an increase of 11,290 beds compared with 2015.
- 25 million nights in 2016, an increase of 5% compared with 2015.
- 63 billion dirhams of touristic income by 2016.
- 515,000 direct jobs in 2015, which is almost 5% of total jobs in Morocco.
- 4% of GDP in 2016.
- Programme Azur 2020: Create a sound offer of seaside tourism that makes Morocco competitive worldwide.
- Programme Green/Eco/Developpement Durable (sustainable development): Valorization of natural and rural resources while preserving the sociocultural authenticity of the sites.
- ProgrammePatrimoine et Heritage (Heritage): Promotion of the cultural identity of Morocco through the structuration and valorization of the material and non-material heritage, and the construction of appealing and coherent touristic products.
- Programme Animation, Sport et Loisirs (Entertainment, sport and recreation): Creation of a rich and varied entertainment offer that is supported by touristic infrastructures in order to strengthen the Morocco offer make it more appealing and competitive.
- Programmes Niches a forte valeurajoutee, ou affaires et bien-etre (Niches with high added value or business and wellbeing): Reinforce the position of Morocco as a touristic destination for business, wellbeing and health.
- ProgrammeBiladi: Reinforce the touristic offer to domestic market through products adapted to local habits.