Achievements to be reinforced:
The Moroccan industrial sector engaged into a dynamic growth that was reinforced by the implementation of Plan Emergence, and in 2009 by the National Pact for the Industrial Emergence.
Achievements for the period 2009/2015:
- Increase of 22% of the sector exports
- Substantial upgrade of the infrastructures, implantation of global industrial leaders, increase of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) at an average yearly rate of 23%.
- Positioning of Morocco as an attractive and competitive industrial destination.
Industrial Acceleration Plan (IAP) 2014-2020: Integrated catalyst of growth.
IAP is in line with Plan Emergence and aim at making industry as a major growth locomotive.
Strategy goals at 2020:
- Creation of 500,000 jobs, half from FDI and half from the upgrade of national industrial sector.
- Increase of the part of industry in GDP by 9 points, from 14% to 23%.